Coordinator, Pharmacy Services
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonus!
The Coordinator, Pharmacy Services is accountable for the organization and supervision of the work and activities within the Pharmacy Department of the Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC).
Through the use of leadership skills, an understanding of the decision making process and the responsible use of resources, the Coordinator leads the department in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of services in alignment with organizational goals and objectives to ensure quality client care. The Coordinator works collaboratively with all members of the medical, nursing and allied health departments of the SLMHC and reports to the Manager of Pharmacy Services.
- Opportunity to join a growing organization and lead a highly motivated team of healthcare professionals
- Leading pension plan (HOOPP)
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation (starting)
- Green Shield benefits package
- Housing and relocation assistance available
- Funded professional development opportunities
- Licensure as a pharmacist with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Minimum of two years hospital pharmacy experience preferred.
- Hospital residency certificate preferred.
- Familiarity with the standards of practice established by OCP
- Knowledge of principles and practices of project management
- Good interpersonal, organizational skills and collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated communication skills, organizational competence, conflict resolution, decision making and leadership skills.
- Supports and gives leadership to staff in examining and implementing innovative evidence-based care, products/projects, focusing on Standards and Best Practices in conjunction with the Ontario College of Pharmacists and its associated Hospital Accreditation, Accreditation Canada, and the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
- Monitors allocation and effective use of available resources so that the standards of care and pharmacy practice will be met.
- Uses a client centered approach to oversee the planning and implementation of quality care.
- Maintains information systems necessary for the planning, implementing, and monitoring of client care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of client care by ensuring compliance to standards, addressing occurrences, planning and overseeing the implementation of quality improvement activities
- Applicant must be able to work precisely, with attention to detail and without supervision
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||PHARM 01/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.