Communications Specialist (IT 01-21)
The Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) is seeking a Communications Specialist who will become a member of the Corporate Communications Department and report to the Corporate Communications Manager. The Communications Specialist will assist in the delivery of a communications program which will support and enhance all of the programs and services at Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre.
$2,500 probation bonus, + additional $2,500 one-year completion bonusQualifications:
- Post-secondary education in communications, journalism, marketing, graphic design, or related field is a strong asset
- Minimum of 1+ years’ relevant experience in a communications or related role.
- Experience in graphic design, photography, video/audio production, and other multimedia skills required.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills. Excellent customer service skills, able to work well with others and maintain a professional and approachable work environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility in work hours, with ability to adapt and prioritize tasks.
- Experienced writing and editing content for digital and print publications. Experience writing and editing in CP style is a strong asset.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience in software including Microsoft Office, content management system (WordPress), and Canva a strong asset.
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in managing social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, with experience in social media planning and scheduling using Hootsuite or Loomly a strong asset.Ability to work in a team and deal with competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Working closely with department managers and the Corporate Communications Manager, support departmental communications projects and initiatives
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications Manager and Communications Team to develop and implement effective social media plans and campaigns
- Generate, edit, publish and share/schedule engaging content on social media platforms
- Monitor and respond to target audience responses via various communications channels, including social media, and escalate to management as requiredWrite, develop, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, print and digital newsletters, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities and/or services.
- Multimedia projects, including photography and videography.
- Adhere to SLMHC policies, and ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive relationships with regional media contacts, other staff, and other internal/external contacts
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of SLMHC departments and services, and support communication projects and events as required
- Other duties as required
|Salary:||$28.42 - $34.20, Salary to commensurate with skills, experience and education.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||IT 02-22
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.