Clerk Typist II- Rehab
The Rehabilitation Clerk provides general reception and office duties to support the work of the Rehabilitation Services department. The Clerk ensures that the expected outcomes outlined under “responsibilities” are achieved, through the use of excellent communication, professional ethics and behaviors and the demonstration of proper regard for confidential/privacy issues at all times
- Minimum Grade 12 and/or GED, Office Assistant Certification or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years prior related clerical experience in an office setting required.
- Computer literate with advanced knowledge of software such as: Meditech, Word & Excel required
- Knowledge of medical terminology and procedures associated with Rehab Services
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients and their families, colleagues, physicians, and other health care staff
- Demonstrates and ensures excellent customer service at all times.
- Act as receptionist for visitors, patients, and all medical staff.
- Operate office equipment (fax, copier, printer, computer and telephone).
- Receive and assist with incoming calls, taking and distributing messages, processing reports.
- Clerical duties, including but not limited to compiling and submission of statistical data, month end reports and departmental indicators.
- Direct all incoming referrals appropriately, and keep all wait lists updated and accurate.
- Book appointments from town and northern patients as required by therapists.
- Maintain therapist appointment schedules and patient charts.
- Coordinate and book designated clinics.
- Liase with NIHB and northern nursing station staff for client travel and healthcare services.
- Maintain and order office and treatment room supplies and equipment.
- Process discharged patient files and related duties.
- Supports activities related to the work of the Cardiopulmonary Program.
- Other duties as outlined in job description and as assigned
|Salary:||$23.20 - $25.03. In accordance with CUPE collective agreement.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||REHAB 01/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.