Clerk Typist II – Diagnostic Imaging
The Clerk Typist II provides general reception support to the assigned department as well as order entry, maintenance of filing system, and appointment booking.
- Education: Minimum Grade 12 and/or GED
- Ability to type 40 w.p.m. considered an asset.
- Proficient in the use of the Meditech system considered an asset
- Required to operate basic office equipment such as fax, copier, printer, computer and telephone.
- Receiving and assisting incoming calls, taking and distributing messages.
- Entering outpatient orders and scheduling appointments into the Meditech system.
- Enter orders for Northern U/S and maintain contact with Technologist to add and make changes as necessary to ensure accurate registration numbers for PACs and Meditech.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments with other departments in order to reduce unnecessary travel and
- inconvenience for the patient.
- Booking appointments for X-ray, CT, Fluoroscopy, exams.
- Contact patients by phone or letter to confirm appointments.
- Explain procedures to patients as well as sending and explaining prep sheets for procedures
- Ensure all proper paper work is sent to N.I.H.B. for Northern client appointments.
- Maintain schedule of x-ray and ultrasound appointments and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must be discreet and maintain confidentiality and have strong time management skills.
- Responsible for taking reasonable care to protect the health and safety of yourself and others by practicing and promoting safe work habits and reporting unsafe acts or conditions to your manager.
|Salary:||$23.20 - $25.03. In accordance with CUPE collective agreement.|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||RAD 01/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.