Building Systems Technician (MTCE 03/20)
Reporting to the Facilities Services Manager, the Building Systems Technician will work collaboratively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team at Sioux Lookout Meno Ya Win Health Centre (SLMHC) to support and enhance the services of the Maintenance Department, building and surrounding grounds to ensure the provision of safe, patient-centered care to our clients. The successful applicant will perform specialized maintenance and repair duties on equipment, building control, HVAC and boiler plant systems while implementing and executing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for hospital equipment.
- Gas Technician 3 (G.3)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate required
- Gas & Oil Burner Technician 2 (G.2) preferred
- Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT) Certification preferred (or willing to obtain with a defined time period)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar capacity an asset.
- Infection Control Certification (during construction, renovation and maintenance of health care facilities)
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Valid Class G driver’s license
- Provides maintenance support services in accordance with hospital policies, and procedures.
- Executes repairs and conducts inspections on various mechanical (HVAC, Water Treatment systems, steam boilers, pumps/motors/gearboxes, etc…)
- Develops, performs and maintains an up-to-date Preventative Maintenance schedule of assigned equipment and/or operating systems
- Ability to respond to and set/edit points and schedules within the facilities’ Building Maintenance System (BMS)
- Performs and completes minor plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, mechanical repairs and other related duties as required.
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and operational improvements.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
|Salary:||$26.44 - $28.44; with benefits in accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||MTCE 03/20
Please quote on your application.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.