Booking Clerk (OR)
Member of the interdisciplinary team who is responsible for facilitating effective communication between patients, family and other members of the healthcare team. Facilitates and assists the assigned unit in bookings and is the clerical support for the unit program.
- Minimum Grade 12 or GED required;
- Certificate/Diploma in secretarial/business administration studies or a combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 2 years prior related clerical experience in an office setting and/or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience required;
- Computer proficiency required e.g.: MS Office 2010, proficient keyboarding and word processing skills;
- Meditech experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of stat development and recording required;
- Medical terminology and/or previous experience an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills;
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills.
- Provide clerical support for all activities of the Operating Room Department;
- Schedule all patient encounters within the unit;
- Acts as a resource to the clinical leads;
- Serves as the control point for information sharing with stakeholders;
- Responsible for the quality assurance and data collection;
- Provide Meditech site clerical support including preparing charts, inputting data to Meditech, filing reports;
- Inventory supplies, submit requisition for orders and restock as required;
- Ensure tidiness of work area, supply rooms and clinical areas;
- Work independently and within a team environment;
- This position involves extended sitting and fine motor control, as per job demands analysis.
|Salary:||$23.66 - $25.53. In accordance with CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||NF 14/23
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.