Admitting Clerk (ADMT 04/21)
The Admitting Clerk works collaboratively with all members of the Admitting department and the interdisciplinary team to provide excellent client care.
- Completed Grade 12 or GED equivalent
- Business or Secretary College Program or equivalent – minimum one year preferred
- Completion of Medical Terminology course preferred
- Previous related experience an asset
- Proficient keyboarding and word processing skills
- Working knowledge of database and MS Office
- Must be self-motivated as well as possess excellent communications, switchboard reception, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with the public
- Provide switchboard and public reception services to patients, visitors and staff.
- Registration of patients and gathering of accurate appropriate information.
- Maintain patient activity registers as required by legislation and hospital requirements.
- Demonstrate proper regard for confidential / privacy issues
- Receive, record and operate petty cash fund.
- Perform clerical, typing and other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in performing job duties.
- Shifts may include evening, night, and weekends.
- Must be available to work all assigned shifts.
- Must adhere to organizational policies and procedures concerning cleaning, hand hygiene and the use of Personal Protective Equipment in support of Infection Control measures and attend training when necessary.
|Salary:||$21.59 -$23.36 per hour. Benefits in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement|
|Closing Date:||When filled.|
|Submit Application To:||
Human Resources Recruitment
|Competition Number:||ADMT 04/21
Please quote on your application.
Send your resume and cover letter email@example.com
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted, we thank all others for their interest. An acceptable criminal reference check and immunization records will be required from the successful candidate. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. SLMHC is an equal opportunity employer and a scent-free facility.